Friday, October 30, 2009

{A Quick Note From A Sweet Godly Women:Mrs. Tallman}

This is a note from Mrs. Tallman. She wrote me on Facebook and I wanted to share this with you all. I thought it might be a book you all would like to get as well.

This is what she had to say:

[Start]

I had a tidbit to share with you and all the other young moms I know. Thanks giving is my very favorite holiday. There is a wonderful CD called "Thanksgivigin: A Time to Remember". 

It also comes with a book for family reading. The CD is the story of the Pilgrims journey to America, the hardships they endured, and most importantly, God's faithfulness in caring and providing for them. It is historically accurate, being taken from the journals of the Pilgrims. The narrative is by the man with the English accent complete with sound effects.

It is delightful and it is a wonderful teaching tool for parents. It is published by Barbara Rainey and Family Life. There are also some wonderful works out about Squanto and how God prepared him for the special job of helping the Pilgrims.

Mrs. Tallman

[End] 

Since Thanksgiving is coming up very soon we do need to be considering how we are going to share with our Children the story of Thanksgiving. How it came about and why we are thankful.

Starting November 1st-- I am going to start a Month of thankfullness. 

Each Day (Monday-Friday) I will post a quick thing that either my husband,my children, or I am thankful for. If you would like to join in, I would love for you too. You don't have to post a comment everyday. Just send one comment about the things you are thankful for. 

Share this with other people and lets all share what we are thankful for. 

Thanks!



 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails