Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Free LIVE Classes

Last year I had the opportunity to take some online photography classes as well as a photography class from Open Light Studio's. It kept me busy for a few hours a week last year while living in Savannah.The boys were obviously younger --Ethan took a nap still-- and Tucker was about 4 months old so he was still sleeping alot and not that mobile. It was easy to take these classes during the afternoon and work on the assignment throughout the rest of the week. 

When I started these classes my goal was to better myself with my new DSLR camera. Now remember--I knew nothing except how to use my point and shoot camera and how to use my DSLR in Auto. I am still a long way off from where I would like to be but these classes helped me get a jump start and I learned so much. I am happy to say that I keep my camera off Auto now.
Open Light Studios was great to work with as well and served as a great hands on teacher for me. After all, I am a visual learner and it beat grabbing a book and reading through it. 
The books I bought completely confused me-- believe me-- I tried-- to understand them.
I'm now convinced you can't learn everything through a class book.

This year Creative Tech is offering another class called-Basics of Digital Photography-
It is a 10 week class and can be free to you if you are able to watch the course LIVE or you can pay to own the classes. If you pay for them you would save them to your hard drive and watch them in your free time. They are also yours to keep forever. 
For those of you who are interested just follow this link.

This site also offers other classes on Photoshop, Aperture, Watercolor, Lightroom 3, etc. throughout the year. Check their calendar for the classes going on now.

I would highly recommended this Digital Photography class for those of you who are starting out. Learning the basics first will save you lots of confusion later. 
If you have any questions comment or email me. I will be happy to answer them for you.

Here is the main link one more time.



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails