Friday, January 8, 2010

A Reminiscing Friday

Woohooo.....
It is Finally Friday.
This has been a long week for me. For some reason getting back into the routine of things this week has come slow. Has it for you as well?

I found myself hibernating in my house this week, not just because it has been particularly cold but for numerous reasons. When I woke up yesterday morning I had this urge to get out and smell the fresh air.
I called up my sister and headed over to her house to visit with her for a little bit. We had such a great time letting the boys play and chatting away as we ate lunch.
"Why don't I do this more often?" was the question I kept asking myself as I drove home.

And then it dawned on me last night.....
Sometimes the things that we think is the least important is the most important!

I get so caught up in maintaining my everyday routine from cleaning, laundry, cooking, picking up toys, and wiping dirty bottoms that I forget to look around me at the sweet happy faces that are staring back at me.These sweet little boys that are ready to give a hug at any given second, who adore me because I am "simply" mommy--the one who can heal anything with a kiss-- and will play peek-a-boo and dinosaurs over and over again is the most amazing feeling in the world.
At the end of the day when my worn out little boys are tucked in there beds peacefully sleeping, it touches my heart to see the blessings of God and to know that come morning time, I will have two huge smiles greeting me as I start a new day. 
Oh how I would not trade being a mom for the world.

On this Friday morning share with me and tell me what you like most about today!

Have a great weekend!



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails