Thursday, February 11, 2010

A New Routine


This week my husband and I are starting a new exercising routine. Well I guess I should say we are going to try...I am not one who likes to sweat--Ugh--but of course with my husband being a guy he doesn't mind. 
The other night I decided I would join my husband on his, "new way of life" as he calls it.
We are doing the Couch to 5K!!
Have you heard of it?

What this basically allows you to do is to start off slowly with running (well jogging) and then eases you into running 3 miles in 9 weeks.Which isn't much, but it is a place to start, since we don't run at all! Now I know for some of you this sounds simple but I am NOT a runner. I have always wanted to be able to just take off an run but with bad knees it just hasn't been possible.

Even though I say I don't like to sweat I do love to spin!! I have missed it tremendously since I canceled my gym membership but I wonder if running will take its place.
I am finally going to give it a try and this time I will blog to you about it throughout the process.
This week I am running 3 days following this schedule:

Brisk five-minute warm-up walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

If any of you have done this Couch to 5K or any other type of running program, please write to me and let me know how it worked for you!!


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails