Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tell All Tuesday

Cravings....
How many of you crave an afternoon snack?
How many of you crave something just in general?

I have gotten to where I need something sweet in the afternoon. Sometimes it is only 1 bite that I need and then other times I need something more. 

But what does this mean?
Well, I was doing some research on this because I want to stop this bad habit and wanted to tell you a little bit about it. 
You know, if you are having the same problem then we can fix it together.....

An enormous percentage of women crave sugar, or carbohydrates. In most cases, these food cravings are not true eating disorders, but instead are signs of hormonal imbalance caused by a lack of healthy nutrition.
 But you are saying to yourself, I think I eat really healthy.... or you feel that you do for the most part.
So what then....Keep eating healthy and exchange your sweet for fruit, and add a protien to it. 
Like for instance:
If you like banana's or apples add some peanut butter on the side.
You don't have to have alot of it b/c it is a high fat but it is a nut fat (healthy fat but eat in moderation.) Which is good for you as long as you are eating healthy peanut butter. 
Now I know your thinking 'healthy peanut butter.' Get your peanut butter freshly ground in the deli or find it on the PB aisle where it has nothing added to it but water and peanuts.
Your personal issue may be the afternoon snack (often chocolate or candy or a food that’s also heavy in carbohydrates), too many potato chips, or a hundred other variations. But the underlying mechanism, and the way to curb cravings, is the same. And it has nothing to do with willpower, or your lack thereof!
 Well it partly does....You have to choose to stop.
But it could also mean something else-
Food cravings mean that the body has its signals mixed up. For some women it is when they are pregnant and there body is going through tons of hormonal changes.Or when we are exhausted or blue, we have low blood sugar and/or low serotonin, and the body signals the brain that it needs a pick-me-up. This signal causes a sugar craving or carbohydrate craving.

And this is true, I even call it a pick-me-up....

But then I read this, 'If you eat a low-fat diet in the hope of losing weight, you unintentionally make the problem worse.'

So how do I fix it?
How to break this vicious cycle? To reduce food cravings, the body needs support — and lots of it. Changing your eating habits to healthy foods, adding a nutritional supplements and moderate exercise can almost miraculously curb cravings. Your metabolism will heal itself when provided with the necessary nutritional support.  The good news is — you don’t have to give up chocolate!

Start off with one day at a time and good luck!!
Email me or comment if you have a craving of some kind and tell me what it is....
I want to help us all out!


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails