Monday, October 19, 2009

Eggplant with Rice


 Eggplant with Rice
I know this doesn't sound exciting but you gotta give it a try!
I have had a few poeple ask me recently how to cook eggplant. It is a side that not many poeple cook often. Especially me.. I am not a big fan of eggplant but my husband loves it.
So I say, try this dish. You might be surprised at it!!




Ingredients
2/3 cup brown basmati rice
2 eggplants, halved lengthwise
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 small green pepper
4 oz. mushrooms, sliced
3 tbsp. olive oil
3 oz. cheddar cheese, grated
1 egg, beaten
1/2 tsp. marjoram
Salt/pepper
2 tbsp. hazelnuts, chopped

*Note: If there is an ingredient you don't like then substitute for something else or just don't put it in the dish

Methods/steps
Boil rice according to package directions, drain and cool. Scoop flesh from eggplant and chop. Blanch the shells in boiling water 2 min and drain upside down. Fry the eggplant flesh, onion, garlic, pepper, and mushrooms in the oil for about 5 min. Mix in rice, cheese, egg, marjoram, and seasoning. Arrange the eggplant in an oven proof dish. Spoon in filling, sprinkle over nuts. Chill until ready to bake. Oven on 375 degrees and bake for 25 min.
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails