Monday, October 5, 2009

Parenting: 3 recommended books to help with Discipline

Parenting: Recommended Books to help with Discipline

Have you ever stopped to ask yourself what it is you are trying to accomplish as a parent? What exactly is your objective?
I know we have all heard these sayings," 'Do you want a spanking?' 'If you don't straighten up your going to get it.' 'You don't want me to come in there.' 'You just wait til your dad gets home.' " Sound Familiar? No matter how you phrase these statements all of them have one thing in common: They aid parents in avoiding discipline issues.
All parents want their children to obey. Some bribe, some use time out, others ignore acts of disobedience, and some threaten. Could it be that parents avoid these issues b/c they are uncertain of how to handle them?
We mothers can tend to think that after a child's birth the hard part is over. We endured months of morning sickness, were shocked by the changes pregnancy wrought on our bodies, and even survived the delivery process itself. What a surprise it was to think that the hard part was just beginning!

Wow! Now what? Right?

Well, I am in the process of reading these three books that I would love for you to pick up and read along with me. I am going to post comments on what I am reading and also give my opinion on the books and the advice it is giving. I think alot of us moms need advice or encouragement on how to discipline our children. Hopefully this will be a fun and helpful way of incorporating discipline into the blog.

Book 1.) "Teach Them Diligently"
How to Use the Scripture in Child Training
By: Lou Priolo


Book 2.) "Parenting in the Pew"
Guiding your Children into the Joy of Worship
By: Robbie Castleman
Forword by: Ruth Bell Graham





Book 3.) "Don't Make me Count to Three"
A Moms look at Heart Oriented Discipline
By: Ginger Plowman




So like I said, pick up one or all of these books and follow along with me as I read through them!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails