Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thursday Already

As Monday morning rolled around this week I have to be honest--I was dreading the week. I think it was for numerous reasons--that seem so petty now.
Now hear me out--I was not dreading the week with my children or my husband--it was the week in general.I wasn't taking one day at a time but looking at it as a whole. Still-- this isn't something to brag about. I know am being way to honest but there is a point to this.
And you have to admit there has been a week or two in your life that you sorta dreaded. So don't make me sound soooo bad.

Don't take this post as a meltdown or call me a nut case...Because I can assure you I am far from both. 
 It is that I realized early on--thankfully-- that I was being completely selfish. I needed a change of heart and I needed it fast. My priorities needed to change and I needed to just enjoy the time I had with my children and give thanks for all I have been given.

And now, I can't believe it is Thursday. We have had rain everyday at our house but we have made the best of those times. The boys have had a chance to get out and run off some energy and now today, the sun is shining. All those little petty things have gone away and to me nothing is more rewarding then being a stay at home mom/wife. I am so thankful that I was reminded this early on in the week and was able to get my act together with God and my family. It is amazing how we can become so overwhelmed at small and very unimportant things. I refocused my thoughts, my prayers, and thankfully I was brought back to reality that life may not always be fun, we may not always have something planned everyday to go out and do but it will be ok. Cherish those quiet times with the kids and don't be so uptight about the laundry and a clean house.

God had a plan for me this week. It was to get right with him.
Let me share with you real quick about our house--Each week we show our house on an average of 4-6 times. If you didn't know before you know now that we are trying to sell it. Not the best time to sell but we are giving it a shot. This week our house hasn't shown once. Which I honestly feel like it was God giving me a break from having the house perfect everyday. I will kick it in first gear today and get it ready for the weekend but I am thankful for this little break we were given from having to pick up and leave at a moments notice.

I say all this to say, I am not perfect, I have flaws, I make plenty of mistakes in my childrearing, and I'm not always right (which I will admit.) But I have a loving and gracious God who was patient with me and guided me as the necessary changes took place.


Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
       - Philippians 4: 4-7



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails