Friday, May 28, 2010

3 Day Weekend

Are you as excited as I am about a 3 day weekend? 
I love it whenever my husband has more then just Saturday and Sunday off. We always enjoy being together as a family so when holiday's come around we get excited.
I saw this recipe and wanted to share it with you as a thought for the weekend. Appetizers are always a great crowd pleaser while waiting for the main food to be served. I have made a dip similar to this before with taco seasoning added to the sour cream. You could always add it the sour cream in this recipe and I think it would add a little more flavor. You gotta let me know if you try it.
Southwestern Layered Bean Dip
Ingredient:
  • 1 16-ounce can fat-free refried beans preferably spicy
  • 1 15-ounce can black beans rinsed
  • 4 scallions sliced
  • 1/2 cup prepared salsa
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/4 cup pickled jalapeño slices chopped
  • 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
  • 1 1/2 cups cups chopped romaine lettuce
  • 1 medium tomato chopped
  • 1 medium avocado chopped
  • 1/4 cup canned sliced black olives (optional)

Directions

Combine refried beans, black beans, scallions, salsa, cumin, chili powder and jalapeños in a medium bowl. Transfer to a shallow 2-quart microwave-safe dish; sprinkle with cheese.
Microwave on High until the cheese is melted and the beans are hot, 3 to 5 minutes.
Spread sour cream evenly over the hot bean mixture, then scatter with lettuce, tomato, avocado and olives (if using).

On Monday I shared with you a little bit about my sister moving away. Her husband has this amazing opportunity to start a new job in Baton Rough, Louisiana. If you know where I live then you know that it is a long ways away from here. 
So as you can see we will not be seeing each other as often as we do now.
The move has come on pretty quickly and they have been told they will need to move by July.
They have already been in search of a house and have found one! Yay--that is a huge answer to prayer. And from what I hear the place with be perfect for them.
As you can see this is an exciting opportunity for them but still very sad to see them go. I didn't think I would grow up and live so far apart from sisters and family. But we gotta do what we gotta do and I completely understand that you can't always live in the city you grew up in.
So when you think about us say a pray for her and me as we prepare for this big change in mine/hers/ and our boys lives.

Hope you all have a great Memorial Day Weekend!



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails