Monday, March 29, 2010

{Good Morning Monday}

This past weekend was one of those weekends that flew by. First I will tell you about the stuff that isn't any fun that I dealt with.
I battled a bad migraine for most of the weekend. It came and went and when I just about thought I had relief it would come back. At one point I literally felt like my eyes were pounding in and out of my head. It was not fun AT ALL. Then the baby had a fever for most of the weekend. It seemed to stay around 101. 4-102 but would go higher as soon as the 4-6 hour medicine limit came around. I don't know of one specific thing that could have cause it because he has a tooth coming in, a cold, and is raspy again. He now has a terrible rash on his bottom due to all the pooping he has been doing.
I know you just couldn't wait to here that.
As soon as he goes potty I clean his diaper but I think it is so acidic to his little bottom that nothing is helping. I feel terrible and last night I just held him in tears as he cried himself to sleep. He is was so miserable.
But I have a good report this morning-- it was great to see him smiling when I went in his room to get him. His fever has broke and he is acting normal again. I am so thankful!

So about the fun stuff-  I attended a childhood friends baby shower on  Saturday and it was great seeing her again. It had been along time--to long-- really. 
We also had family in town from Tuesday of last week til Saturday. It was my husbands Aunt and Cousin that came for a short visit.I tried to enjoy every moment I got to spend with them because we never know how long it may be before we see them again. They don't live close so with kids and traveling it makes it really hard to see them as often as we would like. Plus our Cousin is expecting and so she won't be traveling much anymore either.
But the main reason for this post is to share with you a simple but delicious recipe. Called Sour Cream Coffee Cake. We enjoyed this cake over the duration of our families visit and thought it might be a great recipe for you to have on hand.



Coffee Cake

Ingredient
1 stick of butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
8 ounces Sour Cream
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla

Sugar Mixture
1 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon

Directions
Mix the butter, 1 cup sugar, and eggs to creamy. Then add sour cream. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and vanilla.
Pour half of the mix into a bunt pan. Pour half of your sugar mixture on the first layer of mix. Then add the remaining cake mix. Top with the left over sugar mix.
Bake at 350. Honestly I have never timed it so I would say 30 minutes to start out and just keep checking it from there. I think it usually take around 45 minutes in my oven.
Enjoy!

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails