Monday, March 15, 2010

Thinking...

Dads are important, do you agree? They mean more to some of us then we will ever be able to express to them. I want to take you back to when you were a child and talk about how important Dads are to children.

When you were a child, he towered over you. In many ways, he might still. He was the one you called on to kill a spider. The one you came to for the car keys. The one you counted for locking up the house at night to figuring out "some assembly required" on Christmas  morning. He showed you how to whistle, how to bait a hook, how to throw a ball. He taught you to pull a tooth. He footed the bill for almost everything yet he still found enough money for ice cream. He carried a picture of you in his billfold and kept a place for  you in his heart. He had a name for you and a greeting for you. "Hey, tiger! How's m'boy! Hey Sport! There's my little princess!" 
Chances are, it was years before you learned he even had a name. The only one you knew him by was "Daddy." Somewhere along the road to growing up, you began to drop the Y and simply call him, Dad. Your middle school and high school years came and went and the business of studying, sports, and sleep overs begin to take the place of wrestling matches, playing Barbie, or playing outside. 

We often forgot to say that simple word "Thanks." Thanks for working so hard, for giving so much and for never giving up. 

As I think about all the things above I know I have a huge responsibility with my children and in teaching them how to be respectful and never take there Daddy for granted.  Even if you don't have children you might one day and the effect that Daddy's have on children is detrimental to the bringing up of children.

Today I entitled this 'Thinking' and the reason is because I wanted to get you to think about how important Dads are to children. Pray for your husband to-be, or husbands to be a Godly leader and Father. My son looks up to my husband as the greatest thing that walks the earth. My son has a tender heart for his daddy and loves him dearly. Knowing this, my husband prays to be the best Father and example that he can possibly be.

So today.....Think about how important Fathers are to children. 
Have a great Monday!

Ps. 23:1-4
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside still waters. 
He restores my soul;
He guides me in the paths of rightousness 
For His name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 
I fear no evil, for You are with me.
(Some notes taken from the book Thanks, Dad by Ken Gire)

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails