Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thankful for: Our Safety Today!

Today I am thankful for our safety while on the road today...
I know this may sound really cheesy but let me tell you the story and then maybe it will make more since.

This morning my children and I were on our way to MOPS. I recently joined a MOPS group in Richmond Hill to try and get to know other women while I am up here. So shortly after I pulled out of the gates of our neighborhood there was an accident. A family had gone into the woods and hit a tree. Fire and Rescue had just gotten there and the ambulance shortly arrived. I was waved to pull over til they could clear off the debris and glass off the road. I told Ethan that we needed to pray for the people in the car as well as the other 4 cars that were involved. So we said a prayer and was shortly waved to continue on. Ethan started asking questions and I tried to explain the best I could.

I got up to the next main light and another accident had just happened. I mean--  just happened--no one had even had a chance to get out of the car. As I drove by, I saw the lady, she was an older women of probably 70 or older... I remember her head just hanging as if she had been knocked unconscious...I wanted to help but with two children in my car and with the accident being in the middle of a busy intersection it would have been unsafe for me to help. I am not for sure what the out come was but again I told Ethan we needed to pray. At this point Ethan was so concerned for all the people involved in both accidents. He has been talking about them all day.


So tonight the people involved in the accidents today are heavy on my heart.  I am thankful that God allowed us to be safe and that we were not involved in either. It was the sweetest thing to hear my 3 year old praying in the back seat of the car for the people involved in the accidents.

So as I said at the beginning I know when you mention safety it sounds a little weird but after seeing 2 today--I am very blessed to be home safe tonight with my children.

Thank you Lord for protecting us today.

3 comments:

Tony & Heather Yancey said...

Today I am thankful for my mother. I'm incredibly grateful for such a selfless woman in my life. When I moved back to FL to be closer to family while Tony was deployed, my mother said, "I'll take care of you so you can take care of your girls." She meant it & has gone far above and beyond anything I could imagine. So, today, I am thankful for this sweet woman, my mother.

Anonymous said...

This really is a reminder on how big of an impact we have on our children.. We are examples in everything we do and say and are watched by our little ones. This is a bit off topic but is still in the realm of our children watching us..
Just the other day my husband and I were in a meeting. My son, 17 months of age watched as Mr. King turned the nob to *ON* of the air conditioning unit. At the time we were not paying attention to our little silent observer, but only moments later we heard the AC turn off. We looked over to find that he had learned to turn the nob simply by example. He watches and looks to us to show him right and wrong. I think twice the next time I go to turn the dishwasher on or open the oven. Things to think about before it's too late.

I am thankful that our little silent observer did not copy something dangerous...
God is such a wonderful God and constantly teaching me things in many ways!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just saw a link to your mommy blog on someones page..cant remember who.. but went there anyway :) It was extremely encouraging.. I too am a stay at home mommy and wife and I too LOVE IT..it is such a JOY!!! My best Friend and I decided to embark on a new jewelry business(Bc we LOVE LOVE LOVE jewelry:) called Bella Bling, check us out Bellablinggirls.com. Anyway with all of that said, I love your page and am so thankful for the mommy encouragement and YUMMY recipes..Also, I too am a sister in CHRIST and am so excited to see The Lord's word written all over your bolg, may The Lord bless you with MANY MANY more ways to be a light to this dark world :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails