Tuesday, November 10, 2009

*Thankful For*

Today I am Thankful for: My Sister

My sweet sister, her husband, and two boys just left from spending the weekend with us in Savannah. We had a wonderful time gallivanting around going simply wherever we wanted.We wished that they could stay longer but are grateful for the time we had with them.
For those of you who know my sister you know that she is the kindest most giving person. She has a huge heart and loves to make you happy. She loves the Lord and is faithfully following him. I am thankful for a sister who I can talk with, laugh with, cry with, make memories with, and who knows me on my very best and very worst of days.

You know--It is amazing the difference that just a few years can make. Looking back we weren't the closest growing up but as we grew older and started our own families we realized that we had more in common then we thought.  We enjoy doing anything together and could sit for hours talking  about everything under the sun!  She won't judge me, or make hurtful comments behind my back.  You know-- having a sister is like having a best friend that you can't get rid of, because whatever I do, she will still be there. I love her for that!

So today I was reminded as my sister and her family drove off how sweet it is to have such a wonderful sister.

To my sister,
"Thank you for being such a wonderful sister to me. I can not even begin to find the words to describe how I appreciate  you and love you. You are an amazing mommy, sister, wive and friend.   I Love You!"


I thought that I would compile a list of quotes that I really like about sisters.  Some of them express my thoughts of having a sister....




She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities.  She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway.  She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark.  She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink.  Some days, she's the reason you wish you were an only child.


A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.

You can kid the world.  But not your sister.

Sisters is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship.

If your sister is in a tearing hurry to go out and cannot catch your eye, she's wearing your best sweater. ( I liked this b.c it reminded me of when all my sisters and I lived at home)

Sisters don't need words.  They have perfected a language of snarls and smiles and frowns and winks - expressions of shocked surprise and incredulity and disbelief.  Sniffs and snorts and gasps and sighs - that can undermine any tale you're telling.   

3 comments:

BOWquet said...

Sisters are truly amazing! I'm so thankful for mine, they really are the best of friends! :)

BrittanyHedrick said...

YOU are THE most amazing woman I know.. All I have learned about being a mom, wife, sister, friend, and teacher comes from your advice and example.. I love you so much, Krysten. I thank the Lord that we are able to be close and spend time together as we did in Savannah! I became teary eyed as I sat and read the sweetness you wrote about our friendship! You have done so much to impact my life and I would not truly be the person I am today without you, Thank you... You, and your family mean the world to me! I could not have asked for a more perfect sister for me to grow up with than you! I love you!
-Brit

Krysten said...

Thank you Brittany! That was sweet. I love you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails